Exchange rate Waves:
Supply in circulation
Popularity by CMC
What Is Waves (WAVES)?
Waves is a multi-purpose blockchain platform which supports various use cases including decentralized applications (DApps) and smart contracts. Launched in June 2016 following one of the cryptocurrency industry's earliest initial coin offerings (ICO), Waves initially set out to improve on the first blockchain platforms by increasing speed, utility and user-friendliness. The platform has undergone various changes and added new spin-off features to build on its original design. Waves' native token is WAVES, an uncapped supply token used for standard payments such as block rewards.
Waves was among the first blockchain companies to offer a platform and product range designed to build on the early blockchain platforms and products. It aimed to reach prospective customers looking to use blockchain for improving processes or creating new services. Waves was among the first blockchain companies to offer a platform and product range designed to build on the early blockchain platforms and products. It aimed to reach prospective customers looking to use blockchain for improving processes or creating new services.
Waves supported smart contract and DApp development, ensuring that speeds and ease-of-use surpassed competition at the time. Since then, other products have appeared, including Gravity, a cross-chain and oracle network, and decentralized finance (DeFi) focused platform Neutrino. Waves DEX is a decentralized cryptocurrency exchange. In the year 2020 Waves WAVES released its token as an ERC-20 standard asset, making Waves' platforms interoperable with Ethereum.
The Waves name is synonymous with its founder, Polish-born scientist Alexander Ivanov (also known as Sasha Ivanov). Prior to creating Waves, Ivanov was already active in the cryptocurrency space, having released the now-defunct instant exchange Coinomat and indexing site Cooleindex. He also created an early version of a stablecoin, CoinoUSD, tied to the US dollar. Waves' marketing materials claim it currently employs over 180 people in Moscow and Switzerland. Waves 'CEO, Ivan Ivanov, frequently speaks on Waves' platform and trends in the wider blockchain industry.
WAVES, as a cryptocurrency on the market for over four years, is widely tradable on a large number of exchanges. Pairs operate between WAVES and other cryptocurrencies, stablecoins and fiat currencies. Volumes are highly distributed, with Binance and Huobi Global among the largest market venues. Cryptocurrency newbie? Read our easy guide to buying Bitcoin or any other token.
Include on your website a calculator Waves and chart WAVESUSD using the widgets below.
To run a calculator or chart on your site, please:
- Copy the code of the selected widget and paste it into the right place on your website
- You can also configure widgets as needed by modifying the parameters:
- data-crypto="" - enter a list of cryptocurrencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator. Enter the cryptocurrency shortname. You can add many cryptos, e.g. BTC, ETH, TEO. You will find a list of available cryptocurrencies here. To add all cryptocurrencies - leave the tag empty.
- data-fiat="" - enter the list of FIAT currencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator, you can choose multiple currencies by entering e.g. PLN, USD, EUR, GBP. To add all FIAT currencies - leave the field blank.
- Parameters are configurable for the cryptocurrency calculator. In the case of the chart, it is not possible to add many parameters (crypto or fiat).
- To use widgets, you must include a link to your source. The link is included in the above widget codes. The link should not contain the parameter rel = "nofollow".