Exchange rate Polkadot:
Supply in circulation
Popularity by CMC
Table of Content
- What Is Polkadot?
- Who are Founders of Polkadot?
- What are Features of Polkadot?
What Is Polkadot?
The Polkadot protocol is a multichain sharding protocol that allows for the transfer of any data or asset type across chains, not just tokens, so a wide range of blockchains can communicate with one another. This interoperability seeks to establish a fully decentralized and private web, controlled by its users, and simplify the creation of new applications, institutions and services. Polkadot is a protocol that connects public and private chains, permissionless networks, oracles, and future technologies, enabling these blockchains to securely exchange information and conduct transactions together.
Who are Founders of Polkadot?
As an open-source project, Polkadot was created by the Web3 Foundation, a Swiss Foundation formed to facilitate a fully functional and user-friendly decentralized web. The three founders Dr. Gavin Wood, Robert Habermeier and Peter Czaban. Wood, the Web3 Foundation's president, has the most industry knowledge and influence because he was part of the Ethereum team.
Bermeier and Czaban are both Web3 Foundation technology directors; both are Thiel Fellows and researchers and developers of blockchain and cryptography. With a wealth of experience across highly specialized fintech industries, he is currently helping to develop a new generation of distributed technology.
What are Features of Polkadot?
Polkadot is a sharded multichain network, meaning it can process many transactions on several chains in parallel. This parallel processing power improves scalability. Custom blockchains are quick and easy to develop through the Substrate framework and can be connected to Polkadot’s network within minutes. The network is also highly flexible and adaptive, allowing the sharing of information and functionality between participants similar to apps on a smartphone. Polkadot can be automatically upgraded without the need for a fork in order to implement new features or remove bugs. A highly sophisticated user-driven governance system secures the Polkadot network. Communities can tailor their blockchain's governance at any time based on their needs and evolving conditions. Nominators, validators, collators and fishermen all fulfil various duties to help secure and maintain the network and eradicate bad behavior.
Include on your website a calculator Polkadot and chart DOTUSD using the widgets below.
To run a calculator or chart on your site, please:
- Copy the code of the selected widget and paste it into the right place on your website
- You can also configure widgets as needed by modifying the parameters:
- data-crypto="" - enter a list of cryptocurrencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator. Enter the cryptocurrency shortname. You can add many cryptos, e.g. BTC, ETH, TEO. You will find a list of available cryptocurrencies here. To add all cryptocurrencies - leave the tag empty.
- data-fiat="" - enter the list of FIAT currencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator, you can choose multiple currencies by entering e.g. PLN, USD, EUR, GBP. To add all FIAT currencies - leave the field blank.
- Parameters are configurable for the cryptocurrency calculator. In the case of the chart, it is not possible to add many parameters (crypto or fiat).
- To use widgets, you must include a link to your source. The link is included in the above widget codes. The link should not contain the parameter rel = "nofollow".