Exchange rate Matic Network:
Supply in circulation
Popularity by CMC
What Is Polygon (MATIC)?
Polygon (previously Matic Network) is the first well-structured, easy-to-use platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its core component is Polygon SDK, a modular, flexible framework that supports building multiple types of applications Using Polygon, one can create optimistic rollup chains, ZK rollup chains, stand alone chains or any other kind of infra required by the developer. Polygon effectively transforms Ethereum into a full-fledged multi-chain system (aka Internet of Blockchains). This multi-chain system is akin to other ones such as Polkadot, Cosmos, Avalanche etc. with the advantages of Ethereum's security, vibrant ecosystem and openness.
MATIC is the native token of Polygon and it runs on the Ethereum blockchain. The tokens are used both as payment services on Polygon and as a settlement currency between users of the Polygon ecosystem. The transaction fees on Polygon sidechains are also paid in MATIC tokens.
Polygon (formerly Matic Network) was launched in October 2017. It was founded by two blockchain developers and a business consultant, Jaynti Kanani, Sandeep Nailwal and Anurag Arjun. Polygon team was a huge contributor in the Ethereum ecosystem. The team worked on implementing the Plasma MVP, the WalletConnect protocol and the widely-used Dagger event notification engine on Ethereum. Co-founder and chief operations officer of Polygon, Sandeep Nailwal is a blockchain programmer and entrepreneur. Before jointly starting Polygon (formerly Matic), Sandeep had served as the CEO of Scopeweaver, and the chief technical officer of Welspun Group. Anurag Arjun is the only non-programming co-founder of Polygon. As a product manager, he has had stints with IRIS Business, SNL Financial, Dexter Consultancy and Cognizant Technologies.
- Polygon describes itself as a Layer 2 scaling solution, meaning it does not plan on upgrading its current basic layer anytime soon. Instead, Polygon seeks to reduce the complexity of scalability and instant blockchain transactions.
- Polygon uses a customized version of the Plasma framework which is built on proof-of-stake checkpoints that run through the Ethereum main-chain. This unique technology allows each sidechain on Polygon to achieve up to 65,536 transactions per block.
Include on your website a calculator Matic Network and chart MATICUSD using the widgets below.
Calculator Matic Network
To run a calculator or chart on your site, please:
- Copy the code of the selected widget and paste it into the right place on your website
- You can also configure widgets as needed by modifying the parameters:
- data-crypto="" - enter a list of cryptocurrencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator. Enter the cryptocurrency shortname. You can add many cryptos, e.g. BTC, ETH, TEO. You will find a list of available cryptocurrencies here. To add all cryptocurrencies - leave the tag empty.
- data-fiat="" - enter the list of FIAT currencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator, you can choose multiple currencies by entering e.g. PLN, USD, EUR, GBP. To add all FIAT currencies - leave the field blank.
- Parameters are configurable for the cryptocurrency calculator. In the case of the chart, it is not possible to add many parameters (crypto or fiat).
- To use widgets, you must include a link to your source. The link is included in the above widget codes. The link should not contain the parameter rel = "nofollow".