Exchange rate Enjin Coin:
Supply in circulation
Popularity by CMC
What Is Enjin Cryptocurrency?
Enjin Coin is a project of Enjin, a company that provides an ecosystem of interconnected, blockchain-based gaming products. Enjin's flagship offering is the Enjin Network, a social gaming platform through which users can create websites and clans, chat, and host virtual item stores, it allows game developers to tokenize in-game items on the Ethereum blockchain. It uses Enjin Coin, an ERC-20 token, to back the digital assets issued using its platform, meaning that items can be bought, sold and traded with real-world value. Enjin's "melting" functionality allows users to destroy their blockchain assets at any time to retrieve the ENJ value from within. It's blockchain ecosystem aims to offer software products that make it easy for everyone to develop, trade, monetize, and market with blockchain.
Enjin Coin was first announced in July 2017, and it launched on the Ethereum mainnet in June 2018. Enjin Coin (ENJ) is a digital store of value used to back the value of blockchain assets like non-fungible tokens (NFTs). Every asset minted with the Enjin Platform contains ENJ, a minting resource which is locked inside NFTs and removed from circulation. Minting blockchain assets with ENJ provides a variety of benefits to creators and users:
- Infuses them with a reserve value
- Ensures Their transparency and scarcity
- Gives them instance liquidity
- Provides utility in games and apps
Founded in 2009, Enjin has roots in the gaming industry, with the company's first product, a gaming community platform called the Enjin Network, growing to 20 million users over the course of a decade. In 2017 following an ICO, Enjin established itself as a leading blockchain ecosystem developer, building a suite of software products that enable anyone to easily mint, manage, trade, distribute, and integrate blockchain assets. Enjin's co-founder Witek Radomski wrote the code for one of the first ever non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and is also the co-author of the ERC-1155 Ethereum token standard. Built on top of an on-chain infrastructure, the Enjin ecosystem enables game developers and businesses of all sizes to use tokenized digital assets as part of their acquisition, retention, engagement, and monetization strategies. The Enjin ecosystem is fueled by Enjin Coin (ENJ), a cryptocurrency used to back the value of blockchain assets.
How Enjin works?
According to co-founder Radomski, Enjin Coin is unique in that every token minted with Enjin Platform, the company's blockchain asset development platform that launched in February 2020, is directly backed by ENJ, giving in-game items real-world liquidity. Similarly, Blagov has stated that the company is focused on adoption, saying he imagines a future in which millions of gamers use digital items backed by Enjin Coin without even knowing it exists.
Enjin Coin uses a series of smart contracts to which game developers send ENJ to mint new, unique fungible or nonfungible ERC-1155 tokens. These tokens can be traded on the Enjin Marketplace, which launched in September 2019, or exchanged for their backing ENJ at any time. As more custom tokens are minted, more ENJ is removed from the ecosystem, thus making it scarcer.
According to its whitepaper, Enjin Coin uses a series of both on-chain and off-chain processes. When a transaction is completed within the Enjin ecosystem, a Trusted Platform contacts the users' smart wallets, and the website or game is updated immediately with a placeholder or nontradable version of the digital item until the transaction has been validated by the Ethereum blockchain.
Enjin Coin can be purchased on cryptocurrency exchanges such as Binance, Bithumb, Uniswap (V2) and Balancer, among others. It can be traded against fiat currencies such as the US dollar and the euro, cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ether, and stablecoins such as Tether USDT and USD Coin USDC. It can be bought and sold on both spot and derivatives markets.
Include on your website a calculator Enjin Coin and chart ENJUSD using the widgets below.
Calculator Enjin Coin
To run a calculator or chart on your site, please:
- Copy the code of the selected widget and paste it into the right place on your website
- You can also configure widgets as needed by modifying the parameters:
- data-crypto="" - enter a list of cryptocurrencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator. Enter the cryptocurrency shortname. You can add many cryptos, e.g. BTC, ETH, TEO. You will find a list of available cryptocurrencies here. To add all cryptocurrencies - leave the tag empty.
- data-fiat="" - enter the list of FIAT currencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator, you can choose multiple currencies by entering e.g. PLN, USD, EUR, GBP. To add all FIAT currencies - leave the field blank.
- Parameters are configurable for the cryptocurrency calculator. In the case of the chart, it is not possible to add many parameters (crypto or fiat).
- To use widgets, you must include a link to your source. The link is included in the above widget codes. The link should not contain the parameter rel = "nofollow".