Exchange rate BitShares:
Supply in circulation
Popularity by CMC
What Is BitShares?
The Bitcoin Shares network is a decentralized network designed to provide an efficient global payment system for the secure trading of cryptocurrencies without the need for intermediaries. It was originally launched in July 2014 under the name ProtoShares (PTS) but was rebranded to BitShares (BTS) less than a year later. BitShares (BTS) are the native utility tokens of the platform, and can be used for multiple purposes, including the creation of smartcoins known as BitAssets, which can represent practically anything, from reward points to cryptocurrencies.
The BitShares platform is managed by a decentralized autonomous company (DAC), which allows BTS token holders to decide the future of the platform, and decide which features to add next. It runs on an open-source blockchain implementation known as Graphene, which is reportedly capable of processing up to 100,000 transactions per second (TPS) — making it faster than both MasterCard and VISA combined.
Founders of BitShares
Hoskinson is a mathematician and entrepreneur who was one of the original eight co-founders of Ethereum, behind Bitcoin, the world's most successful blockchain. Today, Hoskinson works as the CEO of Input Output HK (IOHK), the research and development company behind Cardano (ADA).
Features of BitShares
BitShares uses distributed autonomous companies (DACs) to produce a self-governing, self-financing system that allows BTS holders to set the business rules that govern the BitShares ecosystem through a secure proposal and voting procedure. It is also one of the few blockchain platforms to completely do away with addresses. Instead, it uses simple memos to distinguish users, making it one of the more accessible crypto platforms. It is also built around a popular referral program that is used to incentivize the growth of the network by distributing upgrade fees between referrers and the BitShares network.
Include on your website a calculator BitShares and chart BTSUSD using the widgets below.
To run a calculator or chart on your site, please:
- Copy the code of the selected widget and paste it into the right place on your website
- You can also configure widgets as needed by modifying the parameters:
- data-crypto="" - enter a list of cryptocurrencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator. Enter the cryptocurrency shortname. You can add many cryptos, e.g. BTC, ETH, TEO. You will find a list of available cryptocurrencies here. To add all cryptocurrencies - leave the tag empty.
- data-fiat="" - enter the list of FIAT currencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator, you can choose multiple currencies by entering e.g. PLN, USD, EUR, GBP. To add all FIAT currencies - leave the field blank.
- Parameters are configurable for the cryptocurrency calculator. In the case of the chart, it is not possible to add many parameters (crypto or fiat).
- To use widgets, you must include a link to your source. The link is included in the above widget codes. The link should not contain the parameter rel = "nofollow".