Exchange rate Algorand:
Supply in circulation
Popularity by CMC
Table of content
- What Is Algorand (ALGO)?
- What problem Algorand solves?
What Is Algorand (ALGO)?
Algorand is a self-sustaining, decentralized, blockchain-based network that supports a wide range of applications. These systems are secure, scalable and efficient, all critical properties for effective applications in the real world. Algorand will support computations that require reliable performance guarantees to create new forms of trust.
The Algorand mainnet became live in June 2019, and was able to handle almost 1 million transactions per day as of December 2020. Algorand transaction metrics can be viewed here. Algorand initial coin offering (ICO) was held in June 2019, with the Algorand price of $ 2.4 per token.
Silvio Micali is a professor of computer science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and the founder of Algorand. He is a recipient of the Turing Award (in 2012) for his fundamental contributions to the theory and practice of secure two-party computation, electronic cash, cryptocurrencies and blockchain protocols. This makes him one of the foremost creators of crypto in the world.
What problem Algorand solves?
The public version of the Algorand blockchain is primarily designed to enable other developers to create new kinds of applications fueled by cryptocurrency. The platform has been used in real estate, copyright, microfinance and more. A more detailed summary of use cases can be found on the Algorand Foundation's official website. The code for Algorand is open-source and can be cloned, copied or otherwise used in private or permissioned blockchains.
The Algorand blockchain is a permissionless pure proof-of-stake blockchain protocol. Unlike proof-of-work (PoW) blockchains, where the root block must be validated by randomly-selected validators (using computing power), in the pure proof-of-stake approach all of the validators are known to one another and only have to agree on the next block in order to create a new block.
Algorand can be bought on exchanges like Coinbase, Binance, OKEx, Kraken, Huobi
Include on your website a calculator Algorand and chart ALGOUSD using the widgets below.
To run a calculator or chart on your site, please:
- Copy the code of the selected widget and paste it into the right place on your website
- You can also configure widgets as needed by modifying the parameters:
- data-crypto="" - enter a list of cryptocurrencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator. Enter the cryptocurrency shortname. You can add many cryptos, e.g. BTC, ETH, TEO. You will find a list of available cryptocurrencies here. To add all cryptocurrencies - leave the tag empty.
- data-fiat="" - enter the list of FIAT currencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator, you can choose multiple currencies by entering e.g. PLN, USD, EUR, GBP. To add all FIAT currencies - leave the field blank.
- Parameters are configurable for the cryptocurrency calculator. In the case of the chart, it is not possible to add many parameters (crypto or fiat).
- To use widgets, you must include a link to your source. The link is included in the above widget codes. The link should not contain the parameter rel = "nofollow".